Friday, October 17, 2014

Perspective of a countdown

"Here is a little perspective on how I view my life.
When we start counting our age, we count up, right? We start counting at 0 when we're born and we count up. It has this built-in assumption that it's never going to end; life
goes on and on and on.... And you keep counting up.

But - there are statistical realities: one day, you are going to die. And you're going to die at some statistical average age. If you stay in shape and eat well, you'll probably live until you're around 85. You can probably be an active, productive member of society in some shape or form until the age of 70/75... And then you fully retire.
So when is comes to my age (which is currently 25) I never think about me being 25 years old. I think of it as, I have 60 years left to do something good in this world! I have 60 years left to achieve what I want to achieve in my lifetime. I have 60 years left to make a difference in my life and in the life of others. So what I do is that I count DOWN. It might sound depressing, but it's absolutely not. It gives me a kick in the ass! A kick in the ass to do something today that my future self will thank me for. To do something today so I can be better than the day before. To realize that I only have a limited amount of time on this earth.
So use every single day. Every single hour. Every single minute. Every single second. ...because it all counts. Once the day is over, you can't get it back."
- mcsamil

No comments:

Post a Comment